Centerpoint Music Involvement Process
What is the Worship Ministry?
The worship ministry is a vibrant community of believers who share a passion for worship and a genuine desire to grow in authentic relationships with the Lord and with each other. Because this is a frontlines ministry of Centerpoint it requires a high level of spiritual and personal commitment. It is not simply a place to express one’s self, play music, or sing songs. We are committed to the hard work that must take place in order for excellent sound and spirit-led worship to merge weekly, and we love celebrating the fruit and impact in the lives of those the Lord is touching through this ministry.
We exist to promote a culture of authentic worship within the congregation and within the community by lifting up the name of Jesus Christ through the music we create as He draws the saved and the unsaved to Himself.
To develop highly influential worshipers who embrace their identity in Christ and who seek to expand the Kingdom of God beyond Sunday mornings into every aspect of their lives at work, play, school, and in the marketplace.
- Core: A commitment to expanding our knowledge of the foundations of true worship and seeking to yield more of our heart, soul, mind, and strength to the Lord as a lifestyle of worship.
- Character: A commitment to the continued pursuit of Christ-likeness through Bible study, prayer, private worship, and purity.
- Community: A commitment to dependability, flexibility, teachability, and servanthood.
- Craft: A commitment to preparation, excellence, and furthering musical skills.
Worship Team Positions
- Lead Electric Guitar
- Rhythm Electric Guitar
- Acoustic Guitar
- Background Vocalist
In order to audition for Centerpoint’s worship ministry you should:
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- Be a member of CFC.
- Regularly attend and contribute to the ministry of CFC.
- Be able to fulfill the required time commitments for personal practice, group rehearsal, and weekend services
- Be able to musically adapt to the CFC style of worship music.
- Be willing to improve your skill and receive direction from the worship leader and team members.
- Have a flexible attitude and be willing to fulfill alternate roles as needed.
- As a musician be able to learn to play from chord charts as no sheet music is available.
- As a musician be able to learn to play with consistent timing.
- As a vocalist be able to sing with consistent pitch and timing.
- As a vocalist be able to learn harmony parts and blend well with the worship leader and other vocalists.
How Do I Get Involved?
- Become a member by attending Discover Centerpoint.
- Download an application packet here and complete and return the personal profile to the worship leader at your location.
- After receiving your personal profile, the worship leader will call you with audition details and schedule your time slot.
- Complete the audition.
- You will receive feedback within 2-3 weeks following the audition.