Worship Team Involvement Process
What is the Worship Ministry?
The worship ministry is a vibrant community of believers who share a passion for worship and a genuine desire to grow in authentic relationships with the Lord and with each other. Because this is a frontlines ministry of Centerpoint it requires a high level of spiritual and personal commitment. It is not simply a place to express one’s self, play music, or sing songs. We are committed to the hard work that takes place in order for excellent sound and spirit-led worship to merge weekly, and we love celebrating the fruit and impact in the lives of those the Lord is touching through this ministry.
We exist to promote a culture of authentic worship by lifting up the name of Jesus Christ through the music we create as He draws the saved and the unsaved to Himself. We believe He inhabits the praises of His people (Psalm 22:3), that His presence has the power to transform lives, communities, and nations; and that without it, we have nothing of value to offer.
We facilitate an atmosphere where the people of God encounter the presence of God at every service where we lead worship. We develop leaders who embrace their identity in Christ and expand His influence wherever they go at work, play, school, and in the marketplace. We write songs that express what our congregation needs to be saying to God, about God, and about our position in Christ.
- Core: A commitment to expanding our knowledge of the foundations of true worship and yielding more of our lives to Him. We believe worship is a lifestyle, not an event.
- Character: A commitment to pursuing God more through Bible study, prayer, and private worship.
- Community: A commitment to dependability, flexibility, teachability, and servanthood.
- Craft: A commitment to preparation, excellence, and furthering musical skills.
Worship Team Positions
- Lead Electric Guitar
- Rhythm Electric Guitar
- Acoustic Guitar
- Background Vocalist
In order to audition for Centerpoint’s worship ministry you should:
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- Be a member of CFC.
- Regularly attend and contribute to the ministry of CFC.
- Be able to fulfill the required time commitments for personal practice, group rehearsal, and weekend services
- Be able to musically adapt to the CFC style of worship music.
- Be willing to improve your skill and receive direction from the worship leader and team members.
- Have a flexible attitude and be willing to fulfill alternate roles as needed.
- As a musician be able to learn to play from chord charts as no sheet music is available.
- As a musician be able to learn to play with consistent timing.
- As a vocalist be able to sing with consistent pitch and timing.
- As a vocalist be able to learn harmony parts and blend well with the worship leader and other vocalists.
How Do I Get Involved?
- Become a member by attending Discover Centerpoint.
- Download an application packet here and complete and return the personal profile to the worship leader at your location.
- After receiving your personal profile, the worship leader will call you with audition details and schedule your time slot.
- Complete the audition.
- You will receive feedback within 2-3 weeks following the audition.